Thursday, August 21, 2014

Family Heritage, History, and Time Travel!

It is getting to be that time of year again... festivals, history, family...all colide to make one wish there was time travel in the way of Claire (Outlander by Diana Gabaldon).

I love this series (both in book and tv series by STARZ) because of the well written way it was done. The author, Diana Gabaldon is a wonderful writer...and with my heritage of Scots occurring on both sides of my family tree, I felt a more personal connection to it as well. I never liked history in school. But reading this series was a fabulous way to enjoy history in another way.

Speaking of History and heritage, the ScotsFest in Tulsa, Oklahoma is back for the weekend of September 19-21, 2014! This is a great place to connect with your history and heritage of the highlands as well.

September is always so busy for me. I always plan on attending the festival and always seem to miss the weekend it occurs. :( I am hoping this year will be different.

No comments:

Post a Comment