Thursday, January 5, 2012

2012...Day 5

Happy New Year....five days into it!

With a new year comes new goals for alot of people. Five days into the year most people are tired of hearing about New Year's Resolutions. Me, personally, I think it is good to have goals instead of resolutions. 
Goals continue to help you ride the waves of life and adventure.
After all, we only have one life to live so why not live the adventure it brings?

I ended the last year with a ski trip to Missouri. It was great to have fun in the snow and enjoy time with family! The drive was even nice...not too long and plenty of interesting sites you don't usually see.

Usually my new year's resolution goes along with everyone else's popular theme: "get fit and eat better and lose weight". This year however it is slightly different. I ran my first 5k in October of last year. That is more than I have ever been able to do before. I spent from April to December in the gym which for me is a record. I trained from August to October for that 5K.  Now I have something to build on.

I am very EXCITED about the new year. I am also trying to be realistic about the goals I set.
 In the past that has been my faux paux! In 2011 I got to know me better.
 I think knowing yourself is important in setting goals in life in general.
Look Out 2012!

Successes in 2011:
  1. Found a great gym partner to work out with on a regular basis!
  2. Graduated with Bachelor's Degree in May
  3. Started working for a small business in Claremore doing SEO
  4. Started my own business in September doing Photography
  5. Ran my first 5k in October
  6. Took a family vacation close to home and went skiing
  7. Rang in the new year with family

So....Here are the goals for the coming year!
2012
  1. Run two 5K's this year so that I will keep running....maybe in April and again in October
  2. Up the workout to get the sculpting and toning desired
  3. Organize my life....Home, SEO, Photography
  4. Build SEO clients
  5. Grow photography business and clients
  6. Branch photography out into more adventures and meeting more people...experience more styles!
  7. Blog personally and professionally on a consistant basis
  8. Grow and learn and continue the adventure!
So....keep reading and checking back...
You can say I told you so in December... Or....
Or....Maybe you can say congrats!

Speaking of blogging professionally....here is a link to my photography blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment