Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Tulsa Parks Visit

Welcome back to my personal blog.
This blog is just a compilation of my ramblings and happenings in Tulsa, OK and the neighboring areas...I have posted personal goals and asked that you keep me accountable. But this blog is not limited to the "I told YOU so!" of my new years goals.

Recently, I visited a local nature reserve: Oxley Nature Center.
If you are local to teh Tulsa Area, are a nature lover, and love the outdoors, then you have to visit this sweet little place.
 The great thing I love most about this place is the convenience. Even when the gates are closed and the building locked up you may park outside the gate and walk the trails from 7:00 a.m.-9:00 p.m. or on holidays. You have open permission to visit almost anytime of day! You don't need a guide. The trails are clearly marked. Cell phone reception is wonderful (in my experience). You can snap photos with a phone camera and send to friends or go out for a wonderful nature walk as a professional or amatuer photographer.  In the evenings between 4 and 6:30 pm you can see all kinds of critters (mostly deer!) if you are quiet and looking. It's really a great time!



There are places along each trail at some point to sit and enjoy the nature around you or take a rest...
Oxley Nature Center also has many different areas for wildlife...wetlands, marshes, fields, woods...very beautiful!
I am planning a few photo shoots here myself with friends and another nature walk for photos in the spring once everything is in bloom!

You have to drive through Mohawk Park to get here ..... and past the Tulsa Zoo, which also provide great photo opportunities. There is sometimes a $2 parking fee on the weekends from April thru August but that is per car...not per person. I believe the experience is worth it.
Check it out sometime!

Mohawk Park has 2820 acres which include: 1 Play Ground, 1 Sports Field, 1 Water Play Area, 9 Miles of Trail, 6 Picnic Shelters, 106 Picnic Tables, 2R Restrooms, 1503 Parking Spaces, 2 Concessions, 1 Disk Golf Course.

Mohawk park also offers covered picnic areas which can be reserved for use...and ALOT of regular picnic areas....we use to picnic at Mohawk before visiting the zoo when I was a small child.

If you search mohawk park of tulsa, you also come up with Mohawk Golf Course and Tulsa Zoo and Living Museum.

No comments:

Post a Comment