Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Directions...

Do you ever feel like you took a wrong turn....or missed the turn you needed to make?

Life is a journey...we can't always "turn around" so to speak....but we can change direction.
I have started a photography business and at times get impatient with myself in my goals....both business and personal. However...I do try to keep perspective...

My goals this year are posted on this blog as my first blog post of the year.
I have lost 4 pounds since that post....and yet....sometimes I feel as though things are not moving along as they should. Now, it isn't always humanly possible or healthy to move things along at the pace we want them to go.
I do get this....understand it...see it....but I still have to remind myself that all things take time. Just keep the focus and it will happen.

My train of focus does get derailed by others as well....today I was suppose to go shoot some local sites...however, my youngest child decided it was a sick day....today's train = derailed. BUT hey...life is ever changing.
I did manage to get some editing done, a professional blog post completed and published...lunch... and then i got bored so as we know we should NEVER do....I cut my own hair.

I know you are thinking "OMG!"

but it really isn't bad...It's actually pretty good for doing it myself with no help this time! :D

I will have to post a photo soon....and it is only shoulder length. I didn't butcher it.... I just got bored and decided to see "what if..."

LOL....I know that those "what if I did this" moments don't usually turn out the way we think they will. This time I just ......well I was going to say "lucky" but that doesn't really seem appropriate. My best friend is famous for telling people that "you make your own luck". You do. We tend to  say "oh that person just got lucky" when we see someone who has reached a goal or gotten somewhere we want to be and haven't gotten there yet. However we don't see all the time, effort, blood, sweat and tears that went into that achievement.

Hopefully I will "have just gotten lucky" by December of 2012....as I hope that the directions I have chosen for the year unfold to the path that leads me to the achievements I wish to attain.
Wish me luck..... or not.... but stay tuned to see if it happens....after all, there is still that "I told you so"!

No comments:

Post a Comment